On this page:
Public transport is the quickest and easiest way to get to and from an event. Trains, trams and buses operate frequently, dropping you right to the door of the precinct. On site public car parking is very limited.
Train stations within easy walking distance:
- Flinders Street - from here you can walk across the Tanderrum Bridge.
Trams which stop very close to the precinct:
- Tram 70 (Wattle Park) from Flinders Street and Richmond Stations. These stop at Rod Laver Arena (Stop 7B), Hisense/Melbourne Arena (Stop 7C) and AAMI Park (Stop 7D).
- Tram 48 (North Balwyn) and Tram 75 (Vermont South) stops adjacent to MCG on Wellington Parade.
Bus routes which stop within easy walking distance:
- Bus 605 (City – Gardenvale) stops on Olympic Boulevard;
- Bus 246 (Latrobe Uni – Elsternwick Station) stops at corner of Olympic Boulevard and Punt Road.
For private bus bookings, please see the buspark bookings information page.
For more information including timetables, fares and maps, visit Public Transport Victoria or call 1800 800 007.
Plan your trip with the PTV Journey Planner:
Ride share services
The pick-up and drop off point for ride share services, such as Uber, is out the front of Melbourne Arena on Olympic Boulevard.
We encourage guests not to order their ride share service until they have reached the pick-up point to avoid causing congestion along Olympic Boulevard.
On event days, there’s a taxi rank available next to The Oval on Olympic Boulevard. This is close to all venues and a safe and efficient way to hail a taxi.
Melbourne Water Taxis
Melbourne Water Taxis operate on the Yarra River seven days per week.
Water taxis deliver guests to a docking platform opposite Rod Laver Arena. They can accommodate parties of up to 12 people and need to be pre-booked.
For more information, or to make a booking, please contact Melbourne Water Taxis on 0416 068 655.
Melbourne River Cruises
Melbourne River Cruises can provide you with ultimate experience for groups up to 150 people when attending events at Melbourne & Olympic Parks.
For more information, please contact Melbourne River Cruises: