For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, and/or pursuant to the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 entry to the Stadium is subject to the following Conditions of Entry:
1. Prohibited Items
The following items are not permitted to be taken into the Stadium:
- Illegal substances including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
- Incendiary devices (flares, fireworks and smoke bombs)
- Firearms and explosives
- Chemical, radioactive or biological substances
- Laser lights
- Animals (other than Assistance Dogs)
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades/ skates
- Professional cameras, audio recording devices or video cameras
- Camera Tripods and detachable lenses above 300mm
- Chairs/ Stools
- Glass (including bottles) or cans, drink containers and plastic bottles above 750ml
- Large flags/banners exceeding 1.6m
- Unauthorised advertising material or flyers
- Musical instruments
- Any large item that cannot be placed under a seat; and
- Any other item that in the opinion of M&OP management could cause harm or public nuisance.
2. Restricted Items
- Umbrellas may be taken into the Stadium, but may not be opened within the Stadium.
- Prams, pushers, eskies, bags and other belongings are permitted into the Stadium however must be able to fit safely under the patron’s seat without impeding access. Otherwise they must be cloaked.
- Laptops may be taken into the stadium, but may not be used within the stadium.li>
The Stadium is licensed and as such, the following provisions apply:
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or from the Stadium.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry/ evicted from the Stadium.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in designated areas.
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol, or for a person to supply alcohol to a minor. Breaches of these laws may result in eviction from the Stadium and the persons being reported to the Police (penalties apply under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998).
Smoking is not permitted within the Stadium or within the designated smoke-free areas outside the Stadium. This includes e-cigarettes and vaporisers.
- Tickets must be retained at all times.
- Any tickets that are damaged, defaced or have been purchased from an unauthorised agent will not permit the holder to be admitted to the Stadium.
- Patrons must occupy the seats specified on their ticket.
- Patrons who have purchased a concessional ticket for an event must be able to provide valid proof of concession (i.e. proof of age identification or concession card) upon entry into the Stadium or when requested.
6. Restrictions on Entry
M&OP management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any person;
- Inspect any bags, clothing or other items at entry point or within the Stadium at any time.
7. Ejection from Stadium
A person may be liable for prosecution or a fine or may be ejected from the Stadium where that person:
- Uses foul or abusive language or makes racial or threatening remarks or gestures;
- Is deemed by Stadium management to be displaying offensive, disorderly or unlawful behaviour;
- Enters the Stadium or the playing area without proper authorisation; or
- Fails to comply with these conditions of entry or a lawful request from Stadium staff.
No ticket refund will be paid to any person who is ejected from the Stadium. It is an offence for a person to re-enter the Stadium for a period of 24 hours after being ejected from the Stadium.
8. Other Conditions of Entry
- Persons under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times within the Stadium
- No representation is made that there is seating available within the Stadium
- Some areas of the Stadium may be exposed to direct sunlight. Patrons are responsible for their own sun protection and hydration.
- By entering the Stadium patrons agree for their image, likeness or voice to be used as part of any recording of the event.
- Patrons are advised that the Stadium is fitted with electronic surveillance and patrons may be filmed in any area of the Stadium.
- Pass outs will be issued at the discretion of the Stadium hirer or Stadium management.
- Patrons enter the Stadium at their own risk. Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust (the Trust) has no liability whatsoever for any damaged, lost or stolen property nor for any other loss, damage or injury suffered by any patron, whether in contract, tort or statutory liability to the full extent permitted by law.
- In addition to the matters set out above, the Trust may exercise any rights granted under the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 (Vic) or other legislation or regulations pertaining to the Stadium.
- These conditions of entry may vary between events.
For a print-friendly version of this information, download Conditions of Entry.
Flags and Banners Policy
Flag poles exceeding 1.6 metre in length are considered prohibited items and are not permitted into the Stadium. Such flag poles must either be surrendered and cloaked or taken back to the patron's vehicle.
The following items are also not permitted into the Stadium;
- Large banners taking up more than the patron's seat
- Flags and banners that may cause offence
- Flags or banners that conflict with Stadium or event sponsors
A hirer may also impose further restrictions on the types of permitted flags or banners.